Thursday, April 28, 2005

apologies

to both of you who check this blog regularly...
been busy...sick yesterday...not feeling like sharing my rants and ravings much...

go to www.shutemdown.com and d/l some public enemy...
that should keep you busy...
been listening to Bring the Noise 2000 on my headphones today and it's even better than I remember it...

P.E. pulled a Wilco on this album back in 2000 - When Def Jam wouldn't release it they posted it on their website.
Lawyer had them pull it quick, but not quick enough and now it has a permanent home over at www.shutemdown.com along with a bunch of other rare P.E. tracks...

um...

other than that,
I got nothin...

oh yeah,
I really enjoyed the "Mirror Universe" episode of "Enterprise" and kind of wish they'd do a whole mirror universe series...
any of you bigger trek people than me? anybody know if there are any trek novels set in the mirror universe?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better. Thanks for reminding me I need a copy of Yo! Bum rush the show on CD. You probably already know but though I would let you know that Cornell West is speaking @ UH tonite @ 6:30PM.

Arturo

Anonymous said...

If you think about it, each series has had a couple of "Mirror Universe" type episodes. Ah the allure of multiple universes, multiple paths as a way to either:

1. drive your fans crazy

2. allow your actors to invent a new character with the same name

3. screw with people who cannot follow even 30 minutes of plot because they are Victims of ADHD

I cannot tell you how many bizarre conversations with supposedly 'normal' people I have had when we discuss the possibility of paralell universes...it is fun to screw with linear minds!

Heh! Heh! Heh!