Monday, July 05, 2004

ok...
just like I've been avoiding the comic shop, I've been avoiding the record shop...
but I did go in today and pick up the new remaster of Eno's "Taking Tiger Mountain by Strategy"...
no bonus tracks, no frills, nice packaging, and overall a pretty amazing job at cleaning up this classic...
the drums are crisper and cleaner, the reverb and other effects are much easier to hear...some of the changes in the sound make it even more Eno if that's possible...but some of the horns seem a little shrill now...
I'd put it just under the Willie Nelson "Stardust" remaster (which is amazing...made a revelation of one of my favorite records without destroying my memories of the original), and way above the job Prince did on "The Hits" or whoever did that awful ZZ top hits cd where they made all the old stuff sound like "Eliminator"....grr...
anyway, if you're wondering, yes it's safe and a good idea to go pick up the new eno remasters...
if anyone gets or has any of the others post in comments and let me know what you think...

oh, also, gonna go trade in some stuff later in the week for the Sonic Youth DVD (not "screaming fields of sonic love" but it will do for now) and the new Galaxie 500 2 dvd set...2 dvd's for a band with 4 videos...impressive...and even more impressive is that it looks like cool enough of a package that I want it...

Now, where are my Jesus and Mary Chain DVD's?

M

No comments: