Tuesday, January 18, 2005

today

Well, today I started managing the queue instead of taking calls. Which means I only spend a short time on each case, but I touch every one... So, I'm pretty busy all day. I decided to be the queue manager when they asked because it meant switching to the 9-6 shift. The 9-6 shift means I'll still be able to work with IBP, however after the first day, I don't exactly love the queue gig. It should get better... but today was stressful and crazy. Tonight I've got Mathlete practice after they're done with Medea rehearsal up at The Axiom. If I didn't know we were planning to learn a couple more new songs tonight (one of Ryan's and a Bjork cover) I would be tempted to call Joe and tell him I'm taking the night off. But I know if I get in the habit it'll just be that much easier to skip again when I'm beat. So, it's off to Mathletes practice for me. God I miss unemployment.
There's something to be said for sleeping when you're tired and eating when you're hungry. Of course eventually you can't afford food, and the fear of eviction keeps you up nights. All I know for sure is that there has to be something better than working for a living.
So whattaya got?
anything?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i once heard a wise man (rufus wainright) say, when accepting an award in new york, "just be yourself and....you'll be famous like me."

does that help?

Anonymous said...

There is quite a lot to be said for unemployment, my friend. Just ask me.