Thursday, February 23, 2006

Untitled Document

I could try to say smart things about "Uncle Vanya",
but it'd just be showing off,
and ultimately meaningless compared to the show itself...
so go see it...

Untitled Document

"I chose to direct this play simply because it´s a beautifully written play," says IBP associate artistic director Tamarie Cooper. "Although it´s set in late-19th-century, rural Russia, the themes are timeless and universal. It´s a play in which nothing happens and everything happens. Chekhov vividly renders the human condition with all its hopes, dreams, struggles, disappointments, failures, and ultimately, resignation. Is it sad? Yes, but it´s funny, too. I often find myself simultaneously laughing and crying right along with these characters. I´m also thrilled to be working with an excellent ensemble of unique and talented actors, who are quite suited for their various roles."


It's beautiful.

No comments: