Sunday, August 20, 2006

tonight

#'s

I am neither the oldest
nor the squarest
person in the room.

At first lots of folks
I recognize
but nobody I know...

one girl -
blonde bob,
long legs,
short skirt,
dancing early
nobody else
on the floor
I wouldn't say
all eyes on her,
but a certain number
for sure.
anyway,
once the floor begins to fill
she goes and sits down -
in one of the only permanent spots
of light in the whole club.
Once the club really
got crowded -
she disappeared completely.

Later - a brunette
"did you just direct a play?
have a fundraiser at your house?
I was there.
I'm a friend of Julie's.
Loved the show."
chat for a bit -
pleasant enough.

Then run into
Jim TDU
and his friend -
big surprise

in the meantime
danced to
or at least heard -
New Order
T. Rex
Devo
Joy Division
Le Tigre
James Brown
David Bowie
Siouxsie and the Banshees
LCD Soundsystem
E.L.O.
The Smiths
The Cure
Depeche Mode
Prince
and more...

dancing
is a celebration -
helps a lot
more than whiskey
although
whiskey helps too

bike ride there
and back
both great.

gonna have to sleep
eventually
i guess

No comments: