Monday, November 19, 2007

United Hollywood: Monday Morning Links

United Hollywood: Monday Morning Links

- Garth Brooks Rocks
The best-selling solo music artist in US history refused to cross picket lines and appear on "The View" or "Ellen" last week to promote his album. Reports cited this quote from Brooks' publicist: "Garth is proud of the position he has taken since he hopes to be a writer in the not too distant future."
Garth, I'll bet you now have several thousand writers who will happily look at drafts for you. Thanks for your support.


what I think the powers that be don't realize is that this could make the hoi polloi rethink the value of unions altogether...
a good organizer could turn this into a union windfall.


I'm currently reading "Wobblies! A graphic history of the Industrial Workers of the World". 3 out of 5 people I that I told I was reading about the Wobblies asked, "Who?" and one said, "I think I've heard a couple of their songs." These are not stupid people and they are I would say more class conscious than most Americans, but still they'd never heard of the Wobblies...
makes me sad.

No comments: