Thursday, January 24, 2008

MDMA/Ecstasy : interview with Dr Alexander Shulgin

MDMA/Ecstasy : interview with Dr Alexander Shulgin

Q. So how did it make you feel?

A. It was a new type of action. I found myself able to remain completely clear, completely lucid, I had excellent recall. I had none of the cloudiness of recall that sometimes does come with some of the delusional drugs. None of that was there at all. I found myself being able to think honestly. That's a strange term because you think of honesty as interaction between two people. But to be able to be honest with yourself and think, 'Why did I do that? Well, I'll tell you, I did that because of such and such', was fantastic. It was an honest answer in an area where we're so used to denial or to disavowing, or to just hiding our feelings. I felt myself come open.

No comments: