Monday, December 29, 2008

what a weekend

had two gigs this weekend -
notsuoh saturday night went great - nice turnout (not any of my friends, except the one or two who just happened to be at the bar already...and the guys I played with Sunday at AG) and the performance went great - very different than playing these pieces in the practice room, but we could hear everything and I feel like we did a good job presenting the work... everybody's elses set was great too...
about 12:30, after the last set, a group of old friends, including bart and elizabeth show up, and well that is when the real trouble starts - I am in a great mood, so I start buying drinks for folks - no idea how much i spent or how much i drank - it was a long, but good night...
and oh yeah, the band got an offer to score a film, and I think Michelle's dad offered to make us costumes...

Sunday at AG was a little different - thomas helton and his crew were playing upstairs - I was playing with robert pearson and carl smith - they decided the show was a bust before we even played - low turnout (mostly some people from the saturday night show at rudz) - but when we finally played it sounded pretty good - just when I was really warmed up and listening good we were done... outta there by 9:30 - off to tapatia with laura for a quick snack and then home to bed...

overall a good weekend - two good and very different gigs - while I won't be playing with carl again for a while (he's from austin) I think the Michelle Yom ensemble is going to become a standing group - hope you can make it out to see us next time...

No comments: