Sunday, January 02, 2005

Monlogues for 2 - #1 in a series

I've been thinking
I've been thinking a lot
thinking a lot
about the devil
or maybe devils
I think they're all
just manifestations
on the one
though it's hard to be sure
I get so confused sometimes
but, see, the devil is the reason
the reason I have to keep
I have to keep you
I have to keep you tied up

no,
not the manifestation in me,
no,
the manifestation in you

the devil in you
could make you
could make you do things
make you do things
things you'd live to regret
so it's better this way
trust me

you probably think
you probably think you know
you know about
you know about the devil in me
what he's capable of

they're not all male
but my devil is
he's one for brute force
got trapped in a small man
so there are not as many
not as many
not near as many bar fights
as he would
he would like,
but he finds his outlets...

anyway,
I was saying,
you probably think
think you know
think you know my devil
but I assure you
you haven't met him yet
no,
no,
what has transpired between us
our interactions so far
so far
have been purely human
well, maybe some animal,
but no,
you have yet to meet
yet to meet
the devil inside me
but he's strong and
he's unforgiving and
he knows right from wrong
oh yes he knows
guess which he prefers and
and I don't know how long
how long
how long I can
how long I can keep him at bay
you'll have to help me
you'll help me
but just to make sure
just to make sure
I have to keep you tied up
you understand,don't you?

No comments: