Friday, January 07, 2005

what do you want from me, anyway?

so, mostly this blog keeps my head from exploding...
I read something online that makes me want to scream,
I link it here, with a short bit from me, and suddenly I'm less likely to explode.
It's almost like doing something.
Unlike a lot of bloggers, I don't have a counter on my page,
and I don't check any stats. The whole appeal of this thing to me
was the opportunity to dialogue. So, my question is,
what would I have to write hear to get YOU to comment more,
or want to come back and read again?

do you want personal dirt?
longer essays on art and aesthetics?
more stuff on comic books?
less political stuff to make you go ARGH!?!?
more poetry?
do you want to know about my medical history?
(which includes at least one very interesting operation
when I was young?)
tales of not being able to handle $$$?
(I ran out of gas on the way to work today,
after my ATM was declined at the pump)?
what is it that you people (both of you) want?

4 comments:

Justin said...

I want whatever you decide to write. I do have stats on my site, so I know people are out there. That's the advantage of having stats, since most people would rather lurk than comment.

A sure way to get people to say stuff, though, is to start talking about something that everybody has a strong opinion about (not politics, though, because it seems that turns everybody off). When I posted my entry on why I hate Houston, I got commnents for months afterwards. Random people would Google "hate houston," find my site, and then become offended that I had written bad things about Houston. Of course, they were the ones Googling it (I wonder if they comment on all sites that mention hating Houston).

Anyway, I'm rambling. Just keep posting.

cherry blossom said...

another good way to encourage people to comment is to respond to people when they do comment...

i posted a comment on a post of yours a while back...

Anonymous said...

I concur. As far as what content I desire....simply a small peak into either someone else's interaction with some particular aspect of the daily minutae in their life or soap box rantings in reaction to society I dont get to hear often or elsewhere.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the input folks...

sorry I didn't respond to your comment Kelly...
I started too, and then realized it was just repeating my post more or less, so I didn't...

I'm just gonna write more and try to do less short link-blogging...although there will still be A LOT of that I'm sure...