Monday, July 18, 2005

this weekend - a study in contrasts

This weekend was great and horrible.

Friday night - GREAT.
The Bobbindoctrin benefit was a blast.
I didn't get too drunk despite carrying around a bottle of whiskey,
and The Mathletes set was crazy fun.
Note for note perfect? no.
but fun.
It looked like the audience thought so too.
My try at singing Anime Convention didn't really work,
but we'll keep at it...
anyway, a great sloppy fun crazy night...
The priest outfit with the fake mustache was a hit too!
The other bands were great,
and it was Jenni's bday...
and it was just an all around good night.

Sat - ok maybe horrible is an exaggeration...maybe not...
Starr Project - Chris and Anne's group were GREAT...The Gaze were funny...
Justin and Tom's group, well just kinda blah...
but we, well, we sucked truly and hard!
It was almost like we had NEVER practiced before...
of course some of the stuff we did I'm pretty sure I had never heard.
We cleared the place out.
We were last and a lot of folks had left already,
but I think any of my friends who were left took off so that they didn't have to face me after...not that I didn't know it was dreadful.
I did get to wear the priest outfit
and I had make-up by Jenni,
so that was good.
(here's pics)
I drank way too much (never would have gotten through it otherwise)
and paid in headache on Sunday (but not for drinks Sat...
an issue with the bartender resulted in me drinking free...)
(btw, if anyone finds my wallet give me a holler!)

oh yeah, and there was t10 tech all day sat and sun.
Exhausting, and all I had to do was sit most of the time.
Gonna be a high energy funny funny show.
Sometimes (between shows) I forget how much fun playing
with the IBP Orch. is. What a great group.
Still hardly believe I fell in with them...

6 comments:

Justin said...

You're too kind. We were much less than blah.

Kid Ornery said...

c'mon man,
you achieved extreme blahosity!
eh, at least we tried...
well kinda tried...

M

Anonymous said...

Eh, we ended up leaving midway through your set because it was so damn late and SO damn smokey in there... but yeah, you guys were sounding more than a bit rough... still, at least you did it!

Anonymous said...

i loved the ash cross on your forehead!

Kid Ornery said...

actually at this point I only assume it was bad because I vaguely remember it being bad at the time...
everything after I put on the priest outfit is kind of a blur...

Anonymous said...

well, not to be too little, too late, but we were assuredly less than blah. my favorite points of our show were when each side of the stage was playing a different song...i *warned* those no-talents against the dangers of not listening! but i don't need to tell you that....
(now i just drink to forget i ever did that project :) some of my friends *did* leave to spare me the shame)