Monday, August 29, 2005

REAL ART (and politics and culture)

REAL ART (and politics and culture):
"Never Enough

Another aspect of how our lifestyle tends to erode our culture is that people are trying extremely hard to keep up -- not only with their neighbors, but also just the two jobs they have.

There's an amazing outbreak of amphetamines across the country that you've probably heard of. It's rampant across the country now. Everybody talks about marijuana being the problem. That's not the problem -- it's individuals who are essentially hijacking their pleasure centers, trying to stay awake."


this is mostly just a reminder to go visit Real Art regular like...
Ron's running from the storm, and I'd say he's in my prayers,
but neither of us believe in that stuff,
so I'll just use my super powers I've gained
by clearing my body of thetans to keep him and his safe,
or maybe I'll light a candle...

"We've got to face the fact that the accumlation of things is simply not a desirable goal: getting off of the parental teat years ago and realizing that I was poor was probably one of the best things that's ever happened to me--once I could no longer afford them, I realized that I didn't really care about all the crap I had been buying at the mall for years on my folks' credit card. Happiness is about family, community, and friends, and you just can't buy stuff like that."

Ron...
good luck, stay safe, etc...


No comments: