Sunday, February 26, 2006

Uncle Vanya

so, I know I bug you a lot about shows,
and probably you either just ignore me
now, or ya don't, and it doesn't matter much
what I'm gonna say,
but I'm gonna say it anyway...
this is a beautiful show.
there are amazing things happening -
character to character, actor to actor, actor to audience,
and every possible permutation thereof, it's beautiful...
it's also sad, and funny, and and all that other messy human stuff...
It's about regret, and change, and midlife crises, and unrequited love, and loveless marriage, and getting old, and all that...
is it perfect?
no, if it were perfect it wouldn't be beautiful,
it'd be dead.
but it's not,
it's alive -
every night...
 
got interrupted by someone coming by,
and had to go do the show...
afterwards, someone said to me,
"well, you have to like russian literature..."
and of course you do, so this play is perfect
for you, right?
 
anyway, come see "Uncle Vanya" -
you won't be disappointed.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: