Thursday, April 06, 2006

The Academy of American Poets - National Poetry Month

The Academy of American Poets - National Poetry Month

ok...
in honor, think I'll try one a day...
owe ya 6...

here goes:

12
13
14
15 hours a day
may be
a bit
too much




lacking the motivation
to do more than quack
golden eggs
backing up
inside


yelling at friends
in my head
and being glad
they can't hear me



who hasn't?
I mean who hasn't?
done the one
and said the other
said the one
done the other
that's pretty much
how it works


shoulda went out
stayed in
frozen chicken
and processed plots
and not one smile
and not one drink
and not one,
but many, smokes
shoulda went out
stayed in



If I'm angry
it's not at you
and it's not at
this
or any
situation
it's self-directed,
I assure you
and it
is not
stengthening
it is what it is
and why can't
I just be?
a little melancholy
never killed nobody
it'll pass and
one day it'll
be nothing but smiles (right.)
haha.
see, I'm feeling
better already.

No comments: