Wednesday, August 02, 2006

tonight - remants of a conversation - nothing but love

the ignorant are as guilty if not more guilty than the informed,
and I'm sorry you disagree...
anybody who didn't see the evil, the disaster, that a Bush administration would be, but enabled it, is just as guilty as the folks who welcome the evil, the disaster... bottom line.
It ain't like the "a to b to c" wasn't there for anyone who fuckin' took the time to look, and if ya didn't bother to fuckin' look then stay the fuck home on election day...and if you looked (and you saw) and then stayed home on election day you're even guiltier...

I say I'm a lefty, a liberal, a progressive, an anarchist, whatever...
more and more I think I'm really a nihilist,
and if that's true then I'm an enemy to all of you...
look, if there's something out there that isn't me,
then it's a limit and a threat to me...
the other option is that it's all me...
that we're all one...
aspects of the one -
electrons of the same atom -
cells of the same body -
whatever...
(new agey? post-modern? just what it is?)

Is it a weakness that I can't hate people I know,
or is that a trait that if we all shared maybe we'd all
be a little less fucked?
I'm an empathic muthafucka sometimes,
it's a gift and a curse...

mistaking folks you'd hang with
with folks that you'd vote for
is what got us G.W. in the first place...

please don't consider this me trying to get the last word...
or as my final thoughts...
just some drunk ass shit I had to get out...

and though he wouldn't have my vote,
if Lieberman showed up at my door
to smoke out and make some art
I reckon I'd welcome him...
warily at first, sure, but as long
as he didn't start trying to convince
me that Israel has the right to exist
(no nation does) maybe we'd find
some common ground...
Do I hate Leiberman as a person?
I don't know him as a person,
but I do know that it is important to
get him out of the senate.

How do civil rights move forward?
Some are convinced they are right,
and eventually most of the others are
convinced change is inevitable,
and some folks just lose...
they are on the wrong side of history,
and although our team has had some setbacks
eventually we will win
Believing this I also believe that sometimes we can afford to be generous
and then when the battles are over it will be the little bits generosity that
we can spare that will allow us to still work together, to still recognize each other as people...

Actually I had the thought a while back,
and whether I believe it or not I'm not sure,
but maybe, I thought it is better to spend time with people
who entertain you than it is with people you admire...
that's just a thought mind you,
and it's one of the more wrong-headed thoughts
that entertains me.

grrr...
and good night.

No comments: