Saturday, September 16, 2006

you uncultured maroons!

where was ya?
where was ya? huh?
ya missed it.
entirely...

heard some amazing music tonight -

Bach
Beethoven
Shostakovich
Milhaud

chamber music groups -
winds -

FREE!

incredible basoon, and french horn...
not that everybody wasn't great,
but how often do you hear great basoon,
or french horn?

the brass quintet was my favorite group,
but whattaya expect...
I play trombone.

Hearing musicians of this calibre
puts the Ives piece back in my head...
I caught myself pencilling it in for 2008
during certain fantasy seque moments.

anyway, the show was put on by
The Sonus Chamber Music Society.
They don't update their webpage.

It was in that big church you used
to park at when ya went to see
the movin' pictures down ta the
museum of fine arts...


I wish the lighting had been better,
and the photographer less present...
but otherwise a great night.

I'll post more later when I feel like
lookin' at the program...


I hope you got some culture tonight
before during or after
yr booze...

No comments: