Friday, April 13, 2007

FOXNews.com - Writers Praise Kurt Vonnegut - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment

haven't mentioned Vonnegut's passing...
he was one of the big ones for me.
I never tire of reading and rereading his work.
His humanism had a profound influence on my thoughts.
He was a great man, if such a thing exists.


FOXNews.com - Writers Praise Kurt Vonnegut - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment


"I became a writer because of him," said Walter, 41. "It was his compassion, humanism and great humor in the face of 20th century horrors that made me realize all that a writer could do. He was deceptively simple and because readers discovered him when they were young, they sometimes made the mistake of dismissing him later, but what he was doing was so complex, so difficult."

No comments: