Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Monday night - TV NIGHT!!!

yup...caught up on some d/l'ed tv last night...
watched the new episode of "Huff". Great cast, and some funny moments on this show...but it's a real downer...more than "Six Feet Under"... I almost decided to stop watching it after last weeks "Cancer Christmas Special". It's just one outrageous catastrophe after another. When my favorite character on a show is a coked up lawyer, that can't be good. Especially if my second favorite character is an overbearing mother. Watching this for the performances mostly as I can't seem to care much about most of the characters...

next up was "Boston Legal". Caught this once accidentally at my mom's house, and I was hooked. Spader and Shatner! This may be junk food but, mmmm, is it tasty! and this week they added Candace Bergen (Candace is interesting to me not just because she's a great actress with spot on comic timing, but because she is Edgar Bergen's daughter. I went through a ventriloquism phase as a kid and spent many hours studying with my Charlie McCarthy and Edgar Bergen "learn to be a ventriloquist" records...) So, anyway, if you've got time to kill you coul do alot worse than watch this show.

Then I watched the first two eps of this season's "24". Never watched the show before, but it seems like it's going to be quite a ride. I am sure lots of folks have more interesting things to say about it than I do... So I'll let them.

Then I finished watching "Mystic River". Great acting, real complexity, and still didn't really grab me... Eastwood's pictures are always so understated...which is good theoretically, it's just, well sometimes it makes it hard to have the emotional grab the story should have...
that said this could have had a real afterschool special/movie of the week/melodrama thing going so it could have been A LOT worse... If it's in your netflix cue it's worth watching, it's just, well, not that exciting.

all this fine viewing was only interrupted by Charlie and Shari coming over to borrow some drums for a recording project they are working on, that I for one CAN NOT wait to hear...

Tonight is rehearsal for The Mathletes/BLP Power Hour band. Should be interesting...
I'll blog more about the show soon. It's gonna be a hoot.

and if we're done in time I'll be getting my sci-fi fix with the latest eps of Stargate:Atlantis and Battlestar Galactica...

WHOOOHOOO!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember Charlie McCarthy and Edgar Bergin primarily from the Muppet Movie... it took me years to put two and two together and realize the lady on Murphy Brown was his daughter... and is it just me, or could she have easily been related to the lady who played the Captain on "Star Trek: Voyager"?

-Charlie

Kid Ornery said...

the way I understand Edgar was a horrible father.
He paid more attention to Charlie than Candace.
Ventriloquists are crazy.