Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Tuesday night - car trouble, the mathletes and more

So, I go out to my car at lunch yesterday. Just going to move it to the closer parking lot. But, alack and alas, I left my lights on. So the danged thing won't start. After work my team lead agrees to jump start my car. Well, we try for about 20 minutes and get nothing. Then we wave down the parking lot security guy and he tries. Somehow, this time it works.

I get home just in time to catch Tom watching the new ep of Battlestar Galactica. Another political intrigue ep, very little action. It did however forward some major plotlines and feature the return of Tom Zarek. Tom Zarek is a former terrorist who is now trying to become a legitimate political leader, and he's played by Richard Hatch. That's right. Richard Hatch. And he can act. It's actually amazing how good this show is. Especially when compared with the original. They are playing with some big ideas here, and there are some genuinely interesting characters. Up next in the cue was Stargate Atlantis. They used an imminent wraith attack to give us a clip show. Better than your average clip show I guess. Incredibly cheesy at points, but I laughed out loud at Dr. McKay several times. I was entertained.

Then it was time to load up and head to Mathletes practice. Ya know what? The Mathletes are starting to function and feel like a real band. Last night we whipped through everything we know in about an hour. I haven't had this much fun being in a band in a LONG time. Until recently we hadn't practiced regularly in MONTHS. Joe and I were both in Puppet Liberation Front and Baal and we never seemed to find time to practice. Well now we're playing at least once a week, learning new songs, and trying to book gigs. It's great. Hopefully we can keep it up even when Medea kicks in full swing.

Tonight I've got a session at my house with the extended FIST OF KONG and then more Mathletes practice as we start to prepare for THE BLP POWER HOUR!! WHOOHOO!!!


No comments: