Monday, February 14, 2005

so, had a very amazing weekend...


"Le Mauvais Choix" went GREAT! 3 performances for 3 very different audiences,but everyone seemed to enjoy it...

the 8pm Friday show was full of dancers,

the 8pm Sat show was full of family

and the 10pm Sat show was apparently full of laughers!

Lots of the IBP folks and people who had just seen "Me-sci-ah"...

anyway, it went great.

Mathletes played a relatively low energy show Friday night for a pretty good crowd,and Saturday we rocked for next to nobody...

Jeff Miller, Walt, and a few other regulars...but we did rock.

Going to have to play with "Organ Failure" more often...

maybe Houston can become the sloppy pop capital of the world!


anyway..as a result of my work on "Le Mauvais Choix" I got offered(at least tentatively) a "designer in residence" position witha theatre company in Dallas...

meaning I'll be doing sound design for their next season...

of course I won't really be in residence as I'll be doing the work from here in Houston...


not only that but I had an audition Satuday and I got cast (more on that later) so now I'm just trying to work out my conflicts between Medea tech and the new show...


what this means to me is that the last few years of keeping busy and doing everything I was offered are finally starting to pay off...Instead of begging for sound design scraps, I'm gonna get to do a whole season, and I'm actually getting parts I audition for, so I maybe I can stop relying on handouts there too...

oh yeah, there was also a fire in a garage apt behind my house (one house and one yard over, but close enough)...and a bum showed me his rash...

No comments: