Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Nervous Acid: Xanax

Nervous Acid: Xanax: "The Killers' Brandon Flowers lashes out at The Bravery: 'Look at a band like The Bravery. They're signed because we're a band,' he said. 'I've heard rumours about [members of] that band being in a different kind of band, and how do you defend that? If you say, 'My heart really belongs to what I'm doing now,' but you used to be in a ska band. I can see The Strokes play or Franz Ferdinand play and it's real, and I haven't gotten that from The Bravery. I think people will see through them.' "

Never heard of The Bravery or The Killers - I'm an old man -
as and old man I've been in rock bands, jazz bands, noise bands, etc...
just because I play with The Mathletes on a Friday doesn't mean the show I do with The Last Bastions on Saturday is fake... I love MUSIC - all kinds of music, both making it and listening to it...
now, who wants to start a country band?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a crazyman... how long has it even been since the Last Bastions did a show??

C

Kid Ornery said...

it's been a while...
but my point is I could play with TDU, LB and The Mathletes and it doesn't make me a poseur, it makes me a musician...
and just because I like a lot of kinds of music doesn't mean I can't be in a band that plays just one kind...or multiple bands that play one kind...
or have a background in something else...
just attacking close-minded hipsterism...

Anonymous said...

I understand, I'm just screwing with you... the Last Bastions? Who the hell are they?

But yeah, I've never understood the mentality that you can only play ONE kind of music, or you have to be dedicated to ONE kind of band... doesn't that mean you're boring and one-dimensional?

C