Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Stay Free! Daily: Medication vs. Meditation

Stay Free! Daily: Medication vs. Meditation:

"I lay awake in bed at night. My mind wanders, sometimes for hours, and I don't sleep. I think about what happened that day, what I will do tomorrow, the past. Sometimes my mind just runs full speed going nowhere, but more often it's helpful (the concept for my last gallery show came to me just as I was going to sleep). In fact, I find these times are when I am at my most creative.

Finally, there's a drug to make this go away. I learned about it last night on TV. It's called Lunestra. It's touted as a prescription sleep aid for people with 'restless minds.' "


Hmmm....
maybe Tom Cruise is onto something.
"Restless mind" is a gift and a curse and wouldn't want a "cure"
so much as just an occasional nap.

No comments: