Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Warrenellis.com � In Search Of The Next

Warrenellis.com � In Search Of The Next: "Last night I watched a bit of an old documentary about rave culture, BETTER LIVING THROUGH CIRCUITRY, wherein Genesis P-Orridge talks about putting together his pseudonymous early acid house project, Jack The Tab.

I was amused to note that the label on the first pressing had a John Byrne Superman drawing on it. Hard to imagine anyone less acid than John Byrne."



I had that record...
I liked it, but then psychic TV was the first show I ever saw at the axiom.
The Pain Teens opened up, making them the first local band I ever saw...
actually that's not true, I saw Sprawl and probably some others at the perpetual park party the year before and had seen the judy's at astroworld - but the pain teens were the first ones to make me think about doing it myself for real...
and they kicked psychic tv's ass...
this is of course completely irrelevant to what mr. ellis has to say in this post...and it's good...so go read it.

"And, you know, it’s entirely possible that Devendra Banhart has enough things in common with Connor Oberst that we are in fact on a journey into the future that ends in a bedroom stinking of cheap beer and incense with tear-stained wankrags under the bed and a copy of Johnathan Livingstone Seagull on the floor."

No comments: