Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The Adding Machine

had our first read through Sat - went fairly well, although I was short some folks...

we haven't even started rehearsals proper and I've learned a lot...
like how personal some people take casting, when it is anything but,
and how hard it is to organize a damned calendar when you've never lived by one,
and how much talking through a show clarifies it,
and that I don't think I'll ever be able to cut a script...

This is such a learning project for me -
I'm thankful for the folks who've signed on...
The clearer the show gets in my head,
the more I hear the voices,
the more I think we're gonna
end up with a helluva show...

Right now I'm pretty upset...
a friend of mine is upset that she
didn't get the call to be in the show...
there were/are so many talented
amazing friends of mine who didn't get that call
but there doesn't seem to be anything I can tell her
to make things even close to right...

all I can do is
grovel
and
wait.

3 comments:

Powergirl said...

It would probably be best not to work with people who get that sensitive over how you cast a show. That is not the kind of drama you want. You want the other kind.

Jennifer Decker said...

Did you say this is in Sept? Someone told me July. If its in July, do you want to do a program ad trade?
Trying to figure out how to keep the spammers out of my blog. I don't want to play video poker!

Kid Ornery said...

July!
yes! that would be awesome...
we're gonna run the last two weeks...

M