Monday, June 19, 2006

NEWSARAMA.COM: WARREN ELLIS ON DESOLATION JONES

I can not wait to read this arc:

NEWSARAMA.COM: WARREN ELLIS ON DESOLATION JONES: "I mean, Philip Dick's life alone is going to be a very seductive kind of story for Jones. As a man for whom time has essentially stopped, Dick's notion that bedrock time is in fact AD 50 and everything that we believe has happened since is a counterfeit reality is kind of interesting. As a man who's discovering, at the end of Made In England, that he's still subject to the machinations of wheels within wheels and secret masters even in LA, the idea that perhaps there are massive satellites somehow floating just out of sight above California shooting information-rich pink lasers into people's heads and generally Knowing Things They Shouldn't must seem kind of apt.

Philip Dick has fascinated me since my teenage years. I believe he is the essential visionary of at least the last half of the 20th Century; the condition of the early 21C Western world is in large part the Philip K Dick condition."

I loved "Made in England" - Ellis has a new artist for arc 2 - and well, you know how I feel about Philip K. Dick, right?
RIGHT?

No comments: