Thursday, June 22, 2006

People love the axiom...

The Adventures of London Jim: Paranoid Android:

"So on the Saturday night, I plan my route better, make notes on the journey, and set off. All is well, I don't get lost at all, I'm driving through downtown, heading south for about 1 mile, and end up in the Detroit of 8 mile. I am (literally) on the wrong side of the Union Pacific tracks. The roads are wide but not paved well. The houses are ramshackle and look abandoned. Shouts echo in the distance. And there's the theatre!


So, I parked next to it and enter, where-upon they reassure me that there's a security guard looking after it. The place reminded me of a cross between the Cornerhouse and the Green: it was about the size of the Cornerhouse, but had the structural integrity of the Green. Odd, considering they boasted of their 'semi-professional' status (i.e. they had part-time staff and actors etc. received stipends, and they had a nice web page!)."

No comments: