Thursday, December 30, 2004

First Draft

First Draft:
"There's a way to please us both, and that's to make abortion nonexistent. That's the one thing outlawing it will never do. It's the one thing a comprehensive plan to attack the causes of abortion can do. Honest to god sex education. Day care and housing subsidies. Available and effective contraception. Parenting classes and hotlines and resources for struggling newlyweds and single moms and dads and everybody who needs it."

When I interviewed at planned parenthood a while back of course they asked what I thought of abortion...
I said we live in a world where sometimes it's necessary, but I wish it didn't have to be...
when the interviewer asked me to clarify I explained that in a perfect world there would be no unwanted pregnancies.
people who did not want children would not get pregnant,
but we don't live in that world yet...
There are so many viable means of birth control now...
but the anti-abortion folks are the same ones preaching abstinence...which is great, as long as you don't like having sex...

No comments: