Thursday, May 05, 2005

File Under : Scaring Charlie!

corrente / Leah, Lambert, Tresy, the farmer, Tom, Xan, RDF, and Riggsveda:

"Natural gas extraction will peak a few years after oil, extraction rates for coal will peak in decades, nuclear energy is dogged by unresolved problems of waste disposal and solar and wind energy will have to undergo rapid expansion if they are to replace even a fraction of the energy shortfall from oil. And the enthusiasm about a hydrogen economy comes from politics rather than science, he said."

I for one am ready for my new third world existence...
I can play my trombone without any power...
and I can do it for scraps...
mmm...scraps...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neither of us knows how to grow our own food, and you don't even like vegetables... I think we'll starve long before we start any third world free jazz bands... :)

C

Kid Ornery said...

I think we should move to Europe before the crash. Seems like it'd be easier land and food wise...
but that may just be my ignorance...
I'll talk to Karen.
Maybe South America would be better.
I dunno, you wanna freeze to death or die of heat stroke?
I'm pretty sure we're screwed here...
nothing but factory farms and concrete.