Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Radio

Ok...
when did my "good time oldies" station become "hits of the 60's and 70's"...
they've replaced little richard and chuck berry with steppenwolf and three dog night and I am not happy.
Everytime I turn over there now it's some white guy playing a wanky guitar solo...
grrr...
I useta be able to turn the dial over there and here old motown, occasionally some good 50's early rock/r&b, vocal groups, etc...
now it's SKYNNYRD DUDE!!

pisses me off.

on the good side KPFT is playing Democracy Now! twice a day. I get to hear it at 6 when I leave work...
So I go out to my car tired and grumpy...
and then turn on the radio and get angry and riled...
gets the blood pumping...

Monday they had the mayor of Hiroshima on talking about his work to rid the world of nuclear weapons. They mention Blair says they are going to start work on a new generation of nukes to replace the trident subs... The mayor makes his plea to Blair and it is very diplomatic... Meanwhile I'm screaming, "Blair! You worhtless fuck! stop this anti-humanist madness RIGHT THE FUCK NOW! We need a lot of things but we DO NOT need sharper rocks!"

grrr...

Tuesday I got to hear how the CIA is working on normalizing relations with the gov't in Khartoum. Hey, what's a little genocide among friends, right?

grrr...

and tonight as I drive home I'm sure I'll get to hear some new infuriating atrocity...

whoohooo!

No comments: