Friday, May 27, 2005

Meat Beat Manifesto?

Silence Is A Rhythm Too

So, I bought the new DJ Spooky/Dave Lombardo CD recently and was caught wondering...who is Jack Dangers?

turns out he's Meat Beat Manifesto...

My first exposure to MBM was in college...
I was running sound for some band down in the Cougar Den,
and playing Public Enemy loudly before they started...
some guy I didn't much care for came over and started looking through my CD's...

"Where's your Meat Beat Manifesto, dude?"

Laugh, "Uh, Nowhere..."

and I avoided listening to them for years...
up until now really...
now they are on the list of things to go back and check out...
and here's some new stuff, from the blue series...

btw, I dig the spooky/lombardo CD much...there are 4 or 5 tracks with Chuck D reprising old PE songs...so the PE/MBM connection comes around for me 15 yrs later...
go figure.

No comments: