Thursday, June 09, 2005

praise for the blogroll!

so, I finally updated my blog roll a few days ago...
still trying to keep friend and acquaintances up near the top...
other than that it's like the rest of my life - highly unorganized...

I check all the links to right once a day...even the ones that NEVER update...
some of my favorite blogs are near the bottom, and some are near the top...

For instance, I've been really digging "By the bayou". It's written by a fellow Houstonian (maybe I found it on H-town blogs) and he handles civil rights re: sexual orientation, or "the gay stuff" really well...
There are a couple of things over there right now you should check out (including this story of a teen sent to some scary gay re-education ministry/camp) of course he covers other stuff too (don't mean to be belittling or stereotypical)...anyway, everyday one or two entries, and a good read...


and up near the top, well the linkage shows how I feel about Real Art and Misc. Heathen so I'll tell ya about "Starfucker's Music Blog" first of all let me say that Senor Starfucker is a damned talented individual...knew he could act, sing, play guitar, but does he have to write better than me too? Whether he's writing about music I don't care about at all (read: The Grateful Dead - sorry, but it's true) or ghosts from my own private new wave past (read: The Thompson Twins - yes, I too owned "Sidekicks") his stories are fun to read and his writing is solid...go get an mindful of whatever he's rambling on about today...
you'll be better for it...

I'll try to focus on one or two of the links on the right once a week or so, till I've said nice things about everybody...or I've told them they need to update!!

anyway, try a few of those on the side you've never read...there's a lot of surprises over there...

No comments: