Monday, September 05, 2005

Click opera - September 3rd, 2005

Click opera - September 3rd, 2005

Berlin's a pretty tolerant town, but whenever I wear my white Moroccan robe (and the weather this week has been Moroccan in Berlin) I get the strangest reactions. Something doesn't compute. The wild looks you see here all tend to follow fairly rigid patterns. The industrial goths wear long black leather skirts, for instance, but you can always tell what tribe they're part of. But a white man dressed as a Muslim... what tribe is that? Whose side is he on? What's he playing at? Is this the start of some trend we'd have to call something like "Fashion Muslim"?

While I'm much more of a "nothing's gonna change my clothes ever anymore" kinda guy now I still appreciate fashion freaks...
Back in Jr. High I was all about Hawaiian shirts, and then in High School I was some silly new wave/goth/punk/poseur...
Sophomore year I was easily they gayest little straight boy.
Hair permed in the front.
A broach.
Polo shirt.
Trench coat.
Beatle boots.
Plaid pants.

Now I'm mostly a jeans and t-shirt guy.
Cowboy boots.
Occasionally Overalls...

although a nice white robe does sound comfy.

No comments: