Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Daily Kos: UPDATED: Segregation in a Congregation

Daily Kos: UPDATED: Segregation in a Congregation: "The preacher man suddenly locks his eyes on me and asks 'Why aren't you raising your hand?' as if he's surprised. I reply with 'I'm not saved.' This prompts him to ask 'Are you gonna get saved today?' to which I reply 'Probably not.'

BIG MISTAKE!

He decided to make an example of me, he asked me to come to the front of the room."

The last time I went to church with a friend was high school.
I made the mistake of filling out the guest card...
well, sure enough about a week later, the youth pastor and some other churchy guy shows up at my door, they wanna talk about Jesus and pray with me and stuff...
I don't even like it when my friends show up unannounced, so this was certainly not welcome.
I remember they came in, and we talked for awhile, they left, and I NEVER went back to church again...

No comments: