Wednesday, March 09, 2005

hmmm....

just noticed theirs been a lot of political posts lately...

so here's what's up...

Haven't been in rehearsals for anything...
gonna have a drumless mathletes practice thursday...

the gala was amazing...
I drank too much Scotch,
and danced
and spent a lot of time
flirting with other people's girlfriends and wives...
I do that.

Last night I got a call that resulted in me drinking
whiskey alone at midnight.

** Symphony played a KICK ASS show at Taft Coffee House Sunday...
They just keep getting better! YAY!
It was the perfect end to an alcohol fueled weekend.
(Yes, I was drunk at gala band practice Friday night too...)

My internet is cut off at home...
at least until pay day...
boo hiss money!

Just got the script for the show I'm supposed to do sound design for in Dallas.
Gonna be technically challenging,
but I'm not actually crazy about the script.
In fact I cringed at least once while reading it...
I'm gonna have to read it many more times so I hope it grows on me.

oh yeah,
and as always,
Everyone I know is crazy,
and work sucks!

think that about sums it up.

M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As soon as I pass through the Texas border there is no doubt that once again I am, unfortunately, in Oklahoma and… I hate Oklahoma.
Oklahoma has an unfortunate combination of bad drivers with bad vehicles and bad roads. I moved to Oklahoma about one year ago with no negative notions about the place. What I discovered were a lot of hostile people who hate people from other states. So I did some investigating. I began to feel bad for these Okies. They obviously had a collective inferiority complex that was a result of being such an impoverished state, and having such horrible government officials. Then I thought they must feel bad because their ancestors were responsible for the worst ecological disaster in the western hemisphere (that’s the Dust Bowl for you Okies who don’t know what I’m talking about). Then I thought they must feel bad because the state itself is so ugly. Then I thought they felt bad about the breast-feeding scene from The Grapes of Wrath (that’s a book for you Okies who don’t know what I’m talking about). Then I thought they must feel bad because prices are so high and wages are so low. Then I thought they must feel bad because they have the lowest personal credit score ratings in the country, the highest divorce rate, the 4th highest incarceration rate, low life expectancy and low health rating, and one of the highest rates of corporal punishment in public schools. But then I realized they have an inferiority complex because most of them are lazy, loud-mouthed, bible-thumping, tobacco-spitting, ignorant, bigoted, yokels---the rest of them are unwed mothers.
I hate Oklahoma.