Sunday, May 15, 2005

so...

here it is...
3.a.m...
too wired from a great day to sleep.
Had a Cisco class this morning that left me much less intimidated by the CCNA exam I have coming up way too quickly...
then straight to midtown arts center for Needful Creatures...
I started getting sick on Wednesday and tonight was the first run we'd had that I wasn't still feeling it...and the show felt great.
I'm real happy/proud/lucky to be working with such good folks...
Everybody in the show just impresses the hell out of me.

anyway, after that headed straight over to Jenni's Noodles to play for the art car crowd. The Mathletes played a rockin' set in the parking lot. We even had to play an "encore". After we played everything we knew (including our Jay-Z/R. Kelley/The Seximals medley) folks (ok, probably mostly people we knew, but still, they count too, right?) were yelling for more...so we played "diaperland" again, and "I Fuckin Love it Man" during which Uncle Walt joined us for a verse or two. This was our first show with the our new drummer (Jeff Mathlete) and he rocked the house...
or the parking lot, as the case may be...and it was the first show we played my song, "never heard of them". It's about hanging out with the kids and having no idea who any of the bands they are talking about are or that experience as a metaphor for something really deep...or something...
anyway, now it's 3.a.m.
and I'm not drunk
(the drinking was last night,
with the karaoke - they go together)
and I'm not tired
in fact,
I'm not sure what I am...

No comments: