Tuesday, September 13, 2005

HoustonChronicle.com - For AstroWorld, the ride is over

HoustonChronicle.com - For AstroWorld, the ride is over:
"For AstroWorld, the ride is over
With attendance sinking and the land's value up, the park will close at season's end"

This makes me sad...
maybe I should try to go Saturday...
and ride some of the rides for the last time ever...

I worked at Astroworld one summer...
saw a TON of concerts there - short list:
The Cure
Depeche Mode
Howard Jones
Adam Ant
Paul Young
Dee-Lite (w/the Happy Mondays)
The Judy's
Cheap Trick


I miss McFey and the other original mascots that I barely remember...

I haven't gone in a few summers because, well, I'm old, and I figured it'd always be there...
that's what I get for figurin', I reckon.

anyway,
what a bummer.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I worked there for years. In fact, they paid me well, but gave me no benefits. If they had, I would probably still be there. Maybe it's a good thing I'm not. I was very saddened to hear the news. Anne "Sylvester the Cat" Z