Tuesday, September 13, 2005

so...

wrote this at rehearsal tonight during a bit of downtime...
revising, drunk, as I type...

A: I feel a bit like a predator tonight.
Do you feel even a bit like prey?

B: I do not.

A: Fair enough.
But you must recognize
that just because
you don't
feel like prey
doesn't mean
you're not.
Maybe not mine,
but these woods
are full of wolves.
full of them.

B: And how do you know
I'm not one?

A: Maybe you are. Maybe you are.
Still, a she-wolf at best...





so, there's that bit of rubbish...

what else?

gave some folks who were walking along taft a ride to their
hotel on alabama and dowling on the way home from the medicine show tonight...
a very nice woman in a wheelchair and her man...
he repeatedly told me not to stop for anybody between there
and my house...
I assured him I lived around there and would be o.k....


things are rough all over...

still incredibly unmotivated on the job search front...
been spending my t10 money on whiskey, women, and what not...
it's going pretty far
so far
and so far
so good...
so good...
really is.

I bitch a lot.
A LOT.
(if you know me
you can back me up
on this one)
but things could be worse,
in fact,
they probably are.

I'll realize it
in ten minutes
or
in the morning.


Rehearsals for "By the Bog of Cats" are going well...
I just got another small part handed to me a few days ago,
so I've got a little more blocking, and a few more lines to learn...
and I get to do a little dancing again, which is good...


so, i'm about sobered up
enough to get some sleep
so I reckon I will
and I'll see you when
I see you, and I reckon
you'll see me too...

till then,
I'll say only this,

"Buy me a drink!"

Kid Ornery

No comments: