Sunday, September 11, 2005

so...

I just shaved off my goatee and my SIDEBURNS!!!

I'm in rehearsals for the next Mildred's Umbrella show
and the director wanted me to get rid of my facial hair...
I could've waited but I figured I'd let the rest of the cast
get used to seeing me as I would look in the show...

I shave off the goatee/beard a couple of times a year usually,
but I can not, literally can not remember the last time I didn't
have sideburns...

this feels very weird...

hmm...

Go see The Rx Medicine Show at Cosmo's on Thursdays...
Same great music you can hear at Helios on Mondays
without all the smoke and sweaty young people...
just in case you have something against sweaty young people.
I went last Thursday and had a great time.

Also saw a show at Barnevelder last night...
Fallen Sindhur
really cool stuff...
mix of classical indian, modern, ballet, etc...
They used the music of Jason Moran and Tabla Beat Science...
I dug the TBS but not so much the Moran stuff.
The jazz made it hard to focus on the dance for me,
not entirely sure why...
Tabla Beat Science however worked perfectly...
Somehow it actually focussed me.
Anyway, it's a cool show and you should check it out.

there were a few other misc. tidbits I was gonna post about
but now I'll be damned if I remember what they were.

3 comments:

the library girl said...

you make me miss home!

Kid Ornery said...

well, you know, there's folks at home what miss you too...

just got back from playing with the medicine show... gonna go do some recording with them at sugar hill in a week or so...

good times...

looking forward to seein' ya round xmas...

M

Anonymous said...

glad you came to the show and that you liked it. i enjoyed listenin to jason moran, but i don't know about watching mvmt with it. TBS is good. anyways, just wanted to say thanks for attending!