Tuesday, July 18, 2006

KERBLOG: still alive and well and living in beirut

The Blog of a young trumpet player in Beirut...
via Dave Dove

KERBLOG: still alive and well and living in beirut:

"'anyways, music and drawing are the only things keeping me going these days.
i recorded two hours of bombs trumpet from my balcony yesterday night.
some bombs were really close (what kind of mouthpiece do the israeli pilots use to have this sound?). the tension you get in your playing is incredible. also, i draw all time.
i always said that i regret not being adult during the war to see if you can
do something in these situations. now i feel bad to draw or play music while
people are burning. i convince myself by saying it is my only way to resist. that i have to witness. that it is very important.
but i am not really convinced. i try to be a fucking witness. to show a
little bit what's happening here. in my own way. but having regards for what
is a good drawing or a good music track drives me crazy. i cannot stop
saying after a bomb: 'yeah, this one was huge. i'll leave a long silence
then make a small sound to balance the track.' this is totally crazy!'
"

No comments: