Monday, May 30, 2005

corrente / Leah, Lambert, Tresy, the farmer, Tom, Xan, RDF, and Riggsveda

corrente / Leah, Lambert, Tresy, the farmer, Tom, Xan, RDF, and Riggsveda:
"Remember, it's a fucking LIE. When I think of Memorial Day, I think of wasted lives. I think of World War One, with its terrible piles of dead. I recall Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I think of the warmongers among us now, drooling over their maps and new weapons, just sure that their special deity is on their side. And I think of the recruiters. And I think of the obscene 'defense' (read 'imperial war') budget. And I put on a recording of 'Universal Soldier' and read Johnny Got His Gun and cry and then get angry, very angry. I'm sorry, soldiers everywhere--one day this madness must end and there are those working toward it. As Dr. King said, we either learn to live together as brothers and sisters or perish together as fools.
Happy Memorial Day. Now there's an oxymoron. "


I think that about sums it up.

No comments: